Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Magical Pork


I have TWO good excuses for not posting in awhile. Excuse #1 is that a dastardly stomach bug derailed all cooking over the weekend and I am just now getting back on my culinary feet. Excuse #2 is that I have no camera and so I can't use any real photos like my Spoon with a Purpose Colleagues. However, a camera is in the mail, so expect real photos soon.

So, in the midst of Stomach Bug Gate 2009, I made Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos from Real Simple. (I think Real Simple is a great resource for easy, healthy, fast meals and other ideas. I could spend DAYS on that website.) I slow-cooked the pork on Friday, got sick on Saturday, and avoided all things pork until Sunday night when I felt like I could handle it. But that's beside the point. The point is: Holy Good Tacos, Batman! (As Hubs would say.) For as little expense and effort as they demanded, they turned out super, duper delicious. All the ingredients combined to coat the pork shoulder in a mole-like flavor that was superb.

I'm sure the recipe is great if you follow it exactly, but I had some extra cole slaw mix I wanted to use, so I chopped up the cilantro, mixed it into the cole slaw mix, drizzled lime juice on it and put it on the tacos.

Pinche sabroso.

1 comment:

  1. pulled pork is good stuff! i should add this to my list of things to try.

    ReplyDelete